I got into computing due to my love for video games and while taking an Undergraduate Course in Computer Science, I realised there is more to programming than video games. I graduated from the university with a B.Sc in Computer science and later started coding in PHP as my first real coding job from 2008 to late 2009.
From 2009 to 2012, I worked as a C# developer and obtained a MCTS certification from Microsoft. You may be wondering why the switch in language? I had to pick up C# to pay the bills and there were more jobs in .NET in my environment than anything else. This has made me adaptive and good at picking up new languages and technologies.
After a 3 years coding in the .NET space, I later left to return to school for a Masters Degree in Computer Science from the University of Sussex. I graduated with a M.Sc in Advance Computer Science. As luck would have it, I nailed a PHP job right after. From 2013 till date, I have been working as a PHP developer in one capacity or another.
Outside my daily 9 to 5, I do explore different technologies and languages and I do undertake a few personal trainings. Below are my current list of personal tools, frameworks and languages I spend time with:
- Docker (Everyone needs this these days)
- Python 3.7
- Functional Programming (Did a bit of scala but the dev community there is something else. Now looking at Elm or F#).
- I am passionate about Software and utilising software in business opportunities.
- I am a quick learner and most definitely can pick up any tool if provided some documentation.
- Outside computers, I love people. I like to engage with people and get to understand how they think and if we can collaborate on an idea together, my day is made.
- I am always learning and will always be aware of software practices, frameworks and tools used in the industry.
There is so much I can share about myself but this will end up being a long conversation. I do have a Github profile and a Bitbucket profile. Most projects I work on aren't necessarily open source but my github profile shows my down time experiments.
Would love to connect? We can get in touch using the mediums below: